The purpose of this policy is to define how cookies are used on
BRITISH&INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL XXI, S.L. may collect information through files such as cookies or log files about users’ browsing on the WEBSITES. These devices are associated exclusively with a single user and their own access device.
1.- What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files containing tiny amounts of information that are downloaded to the user’s device used when visiting a website.
Cookies are a tool used by web servers to store and retrieve information about their users. It is nothing more than a text file that some servers ask the browser to write to your hard drive, with information about what you have done on the website. They have an expiry date, which can range from the duration of the session to a specified future date, after which they are no longer operational.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet; they cannot damage your computer/device and, if enabled in your browser settings, they help us to identify and resolve possible malfunctions of the WEBSITES.
2.- Types of Cookies.
Cookies are divided into several types of classifications: by who uses them, by the purpose of their use and by the length of time they remain active.
- By whom owns them, they are classified into:
- Own cookies: Those that we send to your computer or terminal from our website.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to your computer or terminal from a domain or web page that is not managed by us, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- By purpose, they are classified as follows:
- Functional Cookies: These are those that allow the user to browse through a website and use the different options or services that exist on it.
- Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as, for example, the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies that are either processed by us or by third parties and allow us to quantify the number of users and carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of our website. To do this, we analyse browsing on our website in order to improve the range of products or services we offer.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These are cookies that store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
- For permanence, they are classified into
- Session Cookies: These are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They disappear at the end of the user’s session.
- Persistent Cookies: These are cookies in which the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a defined period of time by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
BRITISH&INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL XXI, S.L. uses functional cookies on the WEBSITES, which are necessary to correctly display the web page and guarantee the correct functioning of the WEBSITES and analytical cookies, which are used to analyse the behaviour of users in an aggregate and anonymous way, including the number of visitors to the website and to different internal pages, the origin of the visit, day and time, platform, search words used by a user to find the desired content.
- To personalise the user’s browsing experience, to recognise the user’s language and to balance the load of the website.
- To be able to make improvements to the website and to know what content or design is most relevant to the user.
BRITISH&INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL XXI, S.L. cannot read the cookies implemented in the hard disk of the user’s computer/terminal from other web servers other than its own.
In the following table you can consult the cookies used on the WEBSITES, their purpose, whether they are our own or third party cookies and their duration.
4.- Use of Google Analytics Cookies.
The WEBSITES use analytical cookies from Google Analytics (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View. California. CA 94043, United States). These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the site works.
You can find more information about Google Analytics cookies at:
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics in connection with your use of the WEBSITES by downloading and installing the browser add-on available via this link:
5.- Cookies configuration.
The user can block Cookies through the configuration tools of the browser, or can configure their browser to warn them when a server wants to save a Cookie.
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, you will find the option in the menu Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings.
More information at https://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/
- If you use Firefox, you will find the option in the menu Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies.
- If you are using Chrome, under Options > Advanced > Privacy.
More information at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- If you use Opera, in the Security and Privacy option, you can configure the browser.
More information at https://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
- If you use Safari you will find the option in the Preferences/Privacy menu.
More information at: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES